Welcome parents and guardians! We are working hard to make this a restorative, safe, and FUN summer for all campers and staff!
As of March, Creating Community Session is wait list only! Please fill out the form above to begin registration for Practicing Peace Session, and/or join wait list for Creating Community Session.
|2022 Sessions||Dates||Early Bird Price||Price after May 1st|
|Creating Community (two week)|| |
|Practicing Peace (one week)|| |
- Drop off is between 2-4 pm and pick up is between 10-11:30 am.
- $750 per week is the actual cost pricing, a completely voluntary higher price. Paying this amount covers our actual operating costs for one camper-week and helps make it possible for lower income families to afford camp. You will receive a donation receipt for any amount over the regular cost. The pricing structure you chose has no impact on the registration process or your child’s experience at Mountain Friends Camp.
- $50 discount for 2nd and additional campers in the same family
- $80 deposit is nonrefundable. All other payments, including arrangements for camperships, are due June 1 or immediately when registering later, and nonrefundable after that date. We prefer check payments for the balance.
- Partial need-based camperships are available.
- Note there is a two night gap between sessions this year. Families wishing to register for both sessions should contact the director, and will need to make plans to pick up their camper between sessions.
- May 15 is the deadline for all camper registration forms, including health form attachments.
- June 1 is the deadline for all camper tuition payments, and/or campership arrangements.
Location: Collins Lake Ranch, Mora, New Mexico: This has been our location since 2017, and we’re looking forward to returning to the ranch and creating community with new friends and neighbors. Collins Lake Ranch provides support and programs for a few adults with developmental disabilities year round, our camp is in a beautiful new yurt campground. More information and pictures on our Location Page
Ages: Campers are ages 10-15 or entering 5th grade in the fall, with 9-year-olds admitted on a case by case basis. Teens ages 16-17 can apply to serve as Counselors in Training. Some 17 year olds, who have graduated from high school and/or successfully completed a summer as a CIT may apply for a paid staff position.
Two Health Forms are required for every camper (including counselors in training). The first is the health profile from parents/guardians, and the second must be completed and signed by your child’s healthcare provider. These will be submitted through our online registration process, or you can request a paper copy.