Welcome parents and guardians! Please review the information on this page before you register. Campers must be at least 10 or entering 5th grade in the fall to attend camp. Teens ages 16-17 can apply to serve as Counselors in Training.
2017 Dates and Rates: Early Bird discount until April 30
|Session||Dates||Location||Fee: Early Bird||Fee: “Subsidized”||Fee: “Actual Cost”|
|1. Creating Community||July 9-21||Mora NM||$775||$825.00||$1,170.00|
|2. Practicing Peace||July 23-30||Santa Fe NM||$430||$460.00||$585.00|
- Drop off is between 2-4 pm and pick up is between 10am-12 pm.
- $585 per week is the actual cost pricing, a completely voluntary higher price. Paying this amount covers our actual operating costs for one camper-week and helps make it possible for lower income families to afford camp. The pricing structure you chose has no impact on the registration process or your child’s experience at Mountain Friends Camp.
- $45 discount for 2nd and additional campers in the same family
- $65 discount for campers attending both youth sessions. Campers staying for all three weeks will spend the night of July 21 and 22 offsite, either with their parents or with prearranged hosts.
- $50 deposit is nonrefundable. All other payments, including arrangements for camperships, are due May 15 or immediately when registering late, and nonrefundable after that date. We prefer check payments for the balance.
- Partial need-based camperships are available.
Pre-Registration is Now Open! Click here to join the list, and receive notice when the final steps of payment and electronic health forms are ready:
Locations: More information and pictures on our Location Page
- Collins Lake Ranch, Mora, New Mexico: This is our pilot program with Collins Lake Ranch, and we’re looking forward to exploring the rural location and creating community with new friends and neighbors. Collins Lake Ranch provides support and programs for a few adults with developmental disabilities year round, and we’ll help in the organic garden, land stewardship, and with a few farm animals.
- Santa Fe Tree House Camp, New Mexico: 2017 is our fourth summer returning to the Tree House Camp Camp, with 150 secluded acres adjoining Santa Fe National Forest. The last few miles are gravel roads but 2WD accessible, and we’re only 30 minutes from Santa Fe. We’ll practice peace and explore nature all week, with a special visit from peacemaker young woman from Israel and Palestine.
Two Health Forms are required for every camper (including counselors in training). These will be submitted through our online registration process, or you can request a paper copy.
—Packing List camper 2015–download pdf